At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side, and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Ireneus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth—no one
- —St. Sava to Ireneus, 13th century
Troparion – Tone 3
Thou wast a guide to the Way of Life, a first Hierarch and a teacher;
thou didst come and enlighten thy home country, O Sava,
and give it rebirth by the Holy Spirit.
Thou hast planted thy children like olive trees in the spiritual Paradise.
O Equal-to-the-Apostles and Saints, pray to Christ our God to grant us His great mercy.
Kontakion – Tone 8
- As the first great hierarch and co-worker with the Apostles,
- the Church of thy people magnifies thee;
- and since thou hast found favor with Christ,
- save us by thy prayers from every calamity,
- so that we may proclaim to thee: Rejoice, God-wise Father Sava.
Troparion – Tone 8
- O guide of Orthodoxy and blessed teacher of virtues,
- purifier and enlightener of thy homeland,
- beauty of monastics,
- most wise Father, Holy Sava,
- by thy teaching thou didst enlighten thy people,
- O flute of the Spirit, pray to Christ God for our souls!
- sursa: http://orthodoxwiki.org/Sava_of_Serbia
- foto: http://days.pravoslavie.ru/Days